How to Opt-Out
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising delivered by the ONE by AOL advertising services. See Your Choices.
Information We Collect and Receive
We collect and receive information about you and your device when you give it to us directly, when you use our services across your devices, and from certain third-party sources.
Our ability to provide free content and services depends on advertising. Some of our ads are displayed based on the page visited, but many of our ads are targeted to you based on your interests and other information we have about you. Learn more about how internet advertising works and your choices.
- You can opt out of receiving interest-based ads from us when you browse the web by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice page and selecting “AOL Advertising,” “BrightRoll,” and “Yahoo Inc.” If you are a Yahoo registered user, you also must opt out of ads on Yahoo.
- You may control how certain information from your mobile device, including your location, may be collected and used through your device and mobile application permissions.
- AOL services offer Marketing Preferences to control how we communicate offers to AOL registered users.
- You can control the collection and use of AOL Search information.
- AOL registered users can manage their accounts at My Account.
- You can manage some technologies using browser controls.
- Individual products or services may offer additional controls or preferences.
Oath may share your information in limited circumstances, including when we have your consent to do so or when sharing is necessary to protect Oath or comply with the law. Our agents and contractors may have access to your information, but only to perform services for Oath. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may, however, share non-personally identifiable information with select business partners.
How we use your Information
The information we collect and receive is used to provide our Services, to improve our Services, and to offer effective advertising, which helps us keep most of our Services free.